Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Short stories and poems, presents:THE ORIGIN OF GEORGE & BETTIE

Short stories and poems, presents:THE ORIGIN OF GEORGE & BETTIE



                   For years, they lived in the same city, not even knowing the other one existed separate worlds, separate lives. While, even he might have road by her on his tricycle as a kid, and never knew she would be his wife one day in the distant future.   

The truth is, she was 13 years older than him, and still is.  Ha, ha, ha.  Him, a young football player, poet, songwriter, and blessed with other creative skills, not yet discovered, and her, a young girl that got involved with being a wife and a mother at an early age, and an abusive husband.  What was the odds that the two should meet one day?  She would marry two more times before they would meet, and him, he had some changes to go through himself, one being learning the Bible, which made him the perfect spiritual leader for any worthy female he would meet.  Yet when they met, he still had a lot to learn.
The day they met
                      The day they met, well believe it or not, they were part of the same religious organization, and one day he forgot his song book, and she just happened to be sitting behind him.  He stepped back to look off her book, and guess what; the song was about marriage.   Needless to say, they have been singing together ever since.
After the meeting:
GEORGE: “Thank you for letting me look of your songbook.”
BETTIE: “You are welcome.”  “Any time!”  
I most interject, this was not the first time they met.  He had seen her many times before, but never took too much notice.  Just wondered why she would keep speaking to him.
Their first date:
         They met at a local fast-food joint, for coffee.:
George: “Our first date!”
Bettie: “Yes, our first date!”
George: “Your coffee good?”
Bettie: “Yes, it is good!”
He pulled out a  journal that he recorded his poetry in.  He wanted her to read a poem that he wrote about the woman he wanted to meet and fall in love with, titled:
“I need to be in love.”  Later to be published as a song.  Music of America; Hollywood Artists.  Last known as Columbine Records.
Bettie: “That is a beautiful poem.”
George: “I’m hoping it will be about you one day”

Bettie: Gazing into his eyes, “Yes, One day!
It goes without saying, that the following days went by in no time, and at the end of seven days, he agreed.  The song was about her.
The song went like this:
“I need to be in Love”

I need to be in love,
With someone who loves me.
Someone innocent as a dove,
And a heart as big as the sea.
I need to be in love,
As the stars fill the sky,
Like the flyers use warm air,
For the highest highs.
I need to be in love,
Oh please come set me free,
I long to see here face,
Forever in her arms I will be.
I need to be in love,
As the eagle soars high and free,
When we unite we will come together,
As the rivers meets the sea.
Just like the electric eel,
Charged with electricity.
Our story will be compared to the stars,

In perfect synchronicity.

TO BE CONTINUED:

VON BRO'

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE NAKED TRUTH

THE NAKED TRUTH There is a good reason why I chose this title, and It is because I know all of you have been lied to about a great...